Visit Tyndall's Casual Furniture for a vast selection of outdoor dining sets, comfortable seating, and classic accessories like fire pits and lamps.
Tyndall's Best Buying Tips
In our many years of experience, we have developed a list of guidelines we follow in the buying process. We are sure you’ll find these important tips useful in your search:
- Take a seat. Experience the furniture’s feel, shape, balance and weight
- When you place your arms on the armrests, are there any rough spots?
- Is the company reputable? How long have they been in business and specializing in casual furniture? Tyndall's has been in business over 30 years.
- Where is the furniture made? Tyndalls buys American made as often as possible.
- If a foot glide is missing in 10 years, will you be able to order one, or will it scratch your deck or patio?
- Is the furniture well designed and proportioned?
Overall Furniture Quality Inspections
- Are the welds messy, appearing as if held together by putty? Try wiggling the attached pieces. Are they strong?
- Is it fully welded or are parts screwed together?
Metal, Aluminum, Cast Furniture
- Is it flexible or rigid?
- Does it become brittle in a few years? Does it have UV stabilizers in it?
Synthetic Weave or Wicker
- Do the grains match?
- Is the construction mortise and tenon?
- Is the wood from government controlled plantations that are reforesting?
- Is the seat contoured?
- What is the hardware made out of?
- Are vinyl straps made from virgin vinyl or are they going to discolor quickly and deteriorate?
- If one strap is damaged, can you replace it yourself?
- If you have a chair with a fabric sling, what happens when it wears out?
- Do you have to throw it away and start again?
- Is your cushion or umbrella made from 100% solution dyed acrylic, or is it going to fade quickly?
- Can it be cleaned easily?